B-Earth’s products are the world’s first truly environmentally safe products and paints developed more than 10 years ago in South Africa, when heavy metals and oils were still being used by other paint manufacturers. B-Earth was formulated with the world’s environment concerns at the forefront of these products.
This revolutionary research resulted in developing products for lasting protection of literally any surface that the products are applied to, and especially at a time of environmental concern around the world. Our entire paint range is zero-Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) and is suitable for application over old and new concrete, slates, bricks, plaster, asbestos, roof tiles, hard boards, chip boards, aluminium, galvanized steel, old and new metals, glass and existing painted areas.
B-Earth International has developed the most eco-friendly paints around today. With its revolutionary characteristics and ability to meet industrial performance demands, whilst posing no threat to the environment, we have positioned the company at the forefront of the eco-friendly paint industry and adhere to our corporate responsibilty to the environment.
Our products do not contain any lead and are much lighter than conventional paint with less application to surface contact, therefore our product provides an advantage to aircraft, trains, and automobile manufacturers as it reduces the weight of the vehicle, and can carry more passengers reducing their carbon footprint.
It is our goal to continue to develop and deliver durable and cost effective alternatives to conventional paints and painting products, and provide a wide range of environmentally friendly products locally and internationally.
B-Earth International specialises in the manufacturing of a unique paint system that is similar to normal emulsion paint in terms of texture and physical characteristics. However, the quality characteristics of the paint system can be compared with normal water-based epoxy coatings in terms of the following:
- Resistance to water penetration
- Resistance to acidic attack
- Resistance to weathering
- Bond strength to surface
Furthermore, apart from its hardness and impact-absorption ability, the B-Earth paint system has improved flexibility and elasticity characteristics.
The environmental performance of the B-Earth paint system is highlighted with respect to the two main toxic factors associated with paints:
- No metallic releases; lead and other toxic metals are not found in the system
- Low releases of VOCs during application and thereafter; the VOC contents of the products in the system are less than 5 grams per litre which, according to international standards, are classified as zero-VOC paints
These environmental and quality aspects of the B-Earth paint system translate into a high-quality exterior coating system which can be applied to any surface, and which exceeds the international environmental requirements. In addition, the scrub resistance and cleanability of the system is extremely good, which, together with its low smell and non-toxic characteristics also makes it a superior choice for indoor applications.
B-Coat is our final white or coloured paint coating which acts as a one-way membrane, allowing moisture to escape to the surface but prevents moisture ingress into the treated substrate. Additional properties include:
- A high degree of elasticity, so it won’t chip or crack
- Excellent adhesion capabilities to all surfaces
- Colour fastness; it won’t fade
- Natural pigments that won’t fade with time
- Natural Fungi retardant
- Heat and flame resistant to 230 °C
- No hardening or deterioration with age
- An aggressive scrubbing endurance; paint is hardy and extremely durable
- Non-toxic; great for families, asthmatics, the applicators and the environment
- Odourless on application; people can move in and out of the painting environment with no upset due to toxic smell and pets are safe
- Immediate occupancy of painted premises due to odourlessness
The B-Coat product is a textured paint that can be used as an acoustic sound absorber on walls and ceilings, although it is typically applied as a decorative finish on walls.