Why use B-earth Coating Solutions?
- Durability and Proven Performance.
- Environmental Qualities.
- Short and Long Term Savings.
- Case Studies.
- Product Range.
- Textures and Finishes.
- Technical Data.
- Ecological and Social Responsibility.
Durability and Proven Performance.
International Acclaimed Laboratory Results:
- PRA – Paint Research Association (UK)
- CETEC – Consulting Enterprises in Technology (AUS)
- CSIRO (AUS)
- CSIR (RSA)
- University of New South Wales (AUS)
- University of Pretoria (RSA)
- SABS (RSA)
- and more…
List of Test Conducted.
- VOC Content ISO 11890.
- Combustibility BS 3900: Part 1.
- Density ISO 2811-1.
- Flash Point BS EN 456.
- Volume Solids ISO 3251.
- Non-volatile Content ISO 3251.
- Resistance to Humidity BS 3900: Part F2.
- Prohesion ASTM - G 85 Annex A 5.
- Resistance to Salt spray - ISO 7253.
- Resistance to Sulphur Dioxide - ISO 3231.
- Artificial Weathering - ISO 11507.
- Assessment of Light Fastness PRA in-house method.
- Temperature and Humidity Exposure – PRA in-house method.
- Resistance to Temperature Change – PRA in-house method.
- Resistance to Water Immersion - ISO 2812-1.
- Abrasion Resistance - ISO 7784-2.
- Adhesion - ISO 2409.
- Assessment of blistering, chalking, cracking, flaking, and rusting - ISO 4628 1-6.
- Chip Resistance - BS AU 148 Part 15.
- Drying Time (Surface and Through) - ISO 1517 and 9117.
- Film Thickness - ISO 2808.
- Flexibility - ISO 6860.
- Gloss - ISO 2813.
- Hardness - ISO 1518.
- Impact Resistance - ISO 6272
- Permeability to Water - ASTM D 1653
- Resistance to Liquids and Stains - ISO 2812-1 Method 3.
- Scrub Resistance and Clean Ability - ISO 11998.
- Spreading Rate - ISO 7254.
- Slip Resistance Test - AS/NZS 4586:2004 , AS/NZS, 4586:2004
- Comply to SABS Standards:
- Condition of Container; - Shelf Life;
- Reducibility with Water; - 85º Specular Gloss;
- Brush Application; – Hiding Power;
- Roller Application; - Scrub Resistance;
- Recoating; - Clean ability;
- Fineness of Grind; - Artificial Weathering, and;
- Temperature Stability; – Low temperature Film Formation
- Freeze-thaw Stability;
All Test certificates are available to be viewed and to the best knowledge of B-earth Paints cc 2002/040258/23 correct and valid
The culture of quality, social responsibility, ethics and constant research and development will manifest in the next series of test to be conducted.
All products tested by the CETEC – Consulting Enterprises in Technology and, PRA – Paint Research Association. Certificates available on request.
Environmental and Physical Qualities.
B-earth® Coatings are:
- lasting non-toxic breathing membranes;
- Resistant to diverse environmental conditions;
- Colourfast and odourless;
- Contains no lead or heavy metals;
- Very low VOC content – Classified as “Zero” VOC;
- Water proofing qualities;
- Water bearing acrylic emulsion, and;
- Highly penetrating.
Material and Safety Data Sheet.
- No specific symbols are required for the use of these products.
- It is not combustible or flammable.
- Do not have specific acute, chronic or toxic effect on humans.
- Not harmful to the natural environment when released.
- Stabile when following handling and storage recommendations.
- Health hazard in Group 4 (minimal) – ARP 006: 1991.
- Not carcinogenic.
- Products are considered highly biodegradable.
- No known aquatic toxicity.
- None of the substances are classified by the EEC as hazardous.
- All products are listed, or exempt from listing on the TSCA.
- All data is based on the current knowledge of B-earth® and describes the product with reference to safety data, and is therefore not intended to guarantee certain properties.
Detailed MSDS and Guarantee is available at email@example.com / www.b-earth.co.za.
- No hazardous material is used in the manufacturing of B-earth® products, i.e. from cradle to gate.
- The manufacturing has minimal impacts on the environment in terms of air, water or soil pollution.
- The limited water discharge poses no bio-threats and the release of organic substances into the air is negligible.
- Local manufacturing and supply minimises the real and potential impacts of transportation.
- The overall quality ensures a longer life cycle thus less maintenance interventions.
- Environmental and health impact during and after application is highlighted due to the low release of VOC’s and HAP’s.
- Overall, the non-hazardous characteristics of the product ensure virtually no risk to society during the usage.
Long and Short Term Savings.
“Giving these lifecycle advantages of the B-earth® product range and proposed systems, which are substantiated with real field experiences and laboratory analysis, we believe that, if the B-earth® products and systems are used as specified, the sustainability performance of any corporate infrastructure will remarkably improve.”
Prof. Allan Brent.
Chair Life Cycle Engineering, University of Pretoria.
- Two Oceans Aquarium, Cape Town, South Africa.
- Bondi Beach Iceberg, Bondi Beach, Australia.
- Brisbane’s Airtrain, Brisbane, Australia.
- Various Residential Properties, Sydney, Australia.
- Various Commercial Properties, Sydney / Adelaide, Australia.
- Adelaide, Prison / Police / Military Institutions, Australia.
- Historical Mining Town, Pilgrim’s Rest, South Africa.
- Foodcorp (Pty) Ltd, Sorghum Malt Growth Factory, Australia.
- Seronera Crocodile Farm, Hazyview, South Africa.
- Gecko Lodge, Hazyview, South Africa.
- Summerhill School, Hazyview, South Africa.
- ABI Bottling Plant, Nelspruit, South Africa.
- Riverside Mall, Nelspruit, South Africa.
- Various Old Mutual Properties, Mpumalanga, South Africa.
- Bidvest Group Properties, Pretoria, South Africa.
- Various Residential Properties, Pretoria, South Africa.
- Johannesburg City Council, Johannesburg, South Africa.